What are the award amounts?
Awards for domestic programs are provided in amounts up to $50,000. Awards to international programs are provided in amounts up to $10,000.
What is the award time frame?
Most Partnership in Ministry Awards are for one year; however, a limited number of two-year awards may be provided, based on available funds.
Who can apply for a Partnership in Ministry Award?
Applications are accepted from Ascension ministries and services formally associated with Ascension’s participating entities: the Alexian Brothers, Congregation of Saint Joseph, Daughters of Charity, Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, and Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother. “Formally associated” means that a member of one of these communities or congregations is employed in, or operationally responsible for, the organization or nominated program.
Each market’s application must be endorsed by the Chief Mission Integration Officer for the Ascension ministry prior to submission. Only one application per ministry will be accepted.
What criteria are used to evaluate each application?
Applications should convey how the program encompasses the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension. Successful programs will demonstrate support for the Ascension Strategic Plan through activities that:
- Integrate our Mission through community impact.
- Optimize clinical experience.
- Enhance our ability to deliver high quality care in locations (both physical and virtual) where our consumers need us most.
- Help to develop a more integrated post-acute and at-home continuum of care.
- Align with high-priority needs identified in the Ministry Market’s most recent community health needs assessment and implementation plans.
Additionally, each application will be evaluated to ensure that it:
- Encompasses the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension.
- Promotes integration and networking.
- Offers new dimensions or advancements in care or service.
- Uses resources responsibly.
Can I apply for a Partnership in Ministry Award to cover operating expenses and/or salaries in our department?
The Ascension Partnership in Ministry Award is not intended to subsidize already-funded salaries and/or operating expenses.
What is the review process for applications?
Applications will be reviewed by the Ascension Foundation with a committee of representatives from around Ascension.
How do I apply for a 2022 Partnership in Ministry Award?
What is the timeline for 2022 Awards?
Applications are due no later than July 29. Applicants will be notified in September.